From the Dales we bring you Dales Twist, a beautiful worsted spun yarn created from a heady mix of fleece, including:
- Alpaca — raised in Dentdale at Peggleswright Farm
- Cheviot — raised near Kendal in Cumbria
- Hebridean — raised in Sedbergh and Windermere in Cumbria
- Ryeland — raised by a young teenager in Coverdale, Yorkshire Dales
- Black Wensleydale — from Hill Top Farm in Malham, Yorkshire Dales
- Bluefaced Leicester — from farms in Dentdale, Garsdale, Ravenstonedale, and Malhamdale
- and a handful of Black Welsh Mountain from a pedigree flock living on the shores of Loch Nevis in Scotland
Dales Twist was spun in West Yorkshire and is available in two naturally coloured (undyed) shades:
- Ash — a mid-grey
- Shale — a brown-grey
They look lovely together and they weave beautifully across our classic BFL and Cumbrian Tweed singles yarns. This yarn is strong enough to be used as a warp but needs a bit of patience and a looser sett due to its slightly hairy nature.
- yarn count: 2/10 Nm
- approx. 5000m/kg
- twist: S
- If you are interested in purchasing more than 2kg in total please contact me directly for a discounted price.