From the Dales we bring you a beautiful new yarn — Dales Twist — spun from a heady mix of fleece, including:
- Alpaca — raised in Dentdale at Peggleswright Farm
- Cheviot — raised near Kendal in Cumbria
- Black Welsh Mountain — from a pedigree flock living on the shores of Loch Nevis in Scotland
- Hebridean — raised in Sedbergh and Windermere in Cumbria
- Ryeland — raised by a young teenager in Coverdale, Yorkshire Dales
- Black Wensleydale — from Hill Top Farm in Malham, Yorkshire Dales
- Bluefaced Leicester — from farms in Dentdale, Garsdale, Ravenstonedale, and Malhamdale.
The yarn was worsted spun in West Yorkshire and is available in two naturally coloured shades — Ash and Shale. Ash is a soft grey; Shale is more of a brown-grey. They look lovely together and they work fabulously across our classic BFL and Cumbrian Tweed singles yarns.
- yarn count: 2/10 Nm
- approx. 5000m/kg
- twist: S
- Yarn is sold in increments of 100g, usually wound as hanks/skeins unless small cones are available. If you are interested in purchasing smaller or larger amounts please contact me directly to discuss availability and price.