Swaddle your baby in our British wool baby blanket and know that you are doing what nature intended.
The Whingill Baby Blanket is about as smooth and natural as you can get with 100% British grown and processed wool. Woven from our finest undyed yarn, this lovely blanket has a delicate all over pattern and a silky smooth finish. It is robust enough to handle a gentle machine wash while being soft enough for a baby’s delicate skin.
The wool was grown organically at Whingill Farm near Kirkby Stephen in Cumbria. I have had the great privilege to purchase fleece from this farm for many years, and the great pleasure to weave several bespoke baby blankets with this farm’s wool for the farmers’ own grandchildren.
The Whingill Baby Blanket is a very limited edition of just 8 blankets woven for us by Drove Weavers in Langholm, Dumfriesshire. Pamper your baby with this beautiful blanket; it will no doubt last long enough to swaddle many more babies!
Good to know:
- Fibre: 100% British Bluefaced Leicester wool
- Wool source: Whingill Farm, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
- Approx size: 80cm x 115cm
- Yarn spun in Cornwall
- Blankets woven in Scotland
- Recommended care: can be machine washed in a gentle wool cycle using an eco-friendly detergent, or washed gently by hand in lukewarm water with an eco-friendly soap. Dry over a towel and iron while still slightly damp. Do not tumble dry.
I also weave baby blankets by hand, in this same yarn but double the thickness (see photograph below). If you are interested in a handwoven blanket for your little person get in touch for a quote.