We make tough, traditional, good ‘old-fashioned’ walking socks for a life outdoors in boots and wellies. They are popular with farmers and fishermen, explorers and gardeners, canoeists, skiers and cavers, as well as those who simply want a warm pair of feet on a cold stone floor. You won’t find a better pair of British wool socks anywhere! Here’s what one customer has to say about them:
Thank you for making the best socks I’ve worn since my childhood when all socks seemed to be comfortable, warm and woolly! – Ian, from Lancashire
All of our socks have a calf-length ribbed leg with a cushioned sole. The toes are hand-linked to give a smooth seam.
Read my blog to find out why I call them Salted Wool!
- 80% British wool plus 20% nylon for structure, stretch and stability;
- Knitted in Leicestershire, the historical heartland of England’s sock industry;
- Available in three adult sizes and three natural, undyed colours:
- St Kilda – light grey – a blend of Shetland and Hebridean wools;
- Morar – light brown – a blend of Hebridean and Shetland wools;
- Nevis – deep peaty brown – a hard-wearing blend of Hebridean and Black Welsh Mountain wools.
Recommended care: Handwash or gentle wool cycle at 30C. Do NOT tumble dry. If you put them in a tumble dryer they will shrink and go hard…..so don’t do it!! Re-shape whilst damp. Our socks are not pre-shrunk so you will find that the first wash will shrink them slightly to the correct size.