Our colourful Howgill walking socks have made a welcome and much requested return.
These socks are knitted from our own Bluefaced Leicester yarn mixed with a hint of nylon to give them cushioning, stretch and the strength not to wear out (unless you live in them round the clock). I’ve walked up hill and down dale in my original pair of socks, three years old now, and they just get softer with every mile.
All of our socks have a calf-length ribbed leg with a cushioned sole. The toes have a smooth seam for comfort. This year we have produced six lovely colours in two adult sizes:
- 4-7 (39-41): Light Blue, Dark Blue, Light Green, Red, Purple (NB: Purple socks are larger – will fit 6-9 most comfortably)
- 8-10 (42-45): Light Blue, Dark Blue, Light Green, Dark Green, Red
- Fibre: 80% British wool, plus 20% nylon for structure, stretch and comfort;
- Wool type: Bluefaced Leicester wool sourced from Yorkshire Dales farms;
- Made in: Leicestershire, the historic heartland of England’s sock industry;
Recommended care: Handwash or gentle wool cycle at 30C. Do NOT tumble dry. If you put them in a tumble dryer they will shrink and go hard…..so don’t do it!! Re-shape whilst damp. Our socks are not pre-shrunk so you will find that the first wash will shrink them slightly to the correct size.