This older batch of Howgill socks is just about sold out. Our new batch, in new colours, has started to arrive. I have a few colours of older socks left, at a discounted price:
- 4-7 (37-41): Deep Plum Purple (5); light green (2);
- 8-10: Light Purple (1); red (1); light green (1)
- 11-13 (46-49): Dark Blue (15)
These socks are knitted from our Bluefaced Leicester yarn mixed with a hint of nylon to give them cushioning, stretch and the strength not to wear out (unless you live in them around the clock). I’ve walked up hill and down dale in my original pair of socks, three years old now, and they just get softer with every mile.
All of our socks have a calf-length ribbed leg with a cushioned sole. The toes have a smooth seam for comfort.
NB: Our socks are not pre-shrunk. The first wash will shrink them to a more correct size, however, some colours tend to run large. You may find that our socks are best worn over a lighter pair.
- Fibre: 80% British wool, plus 20% nylon for structure, stretch and comfort;
- Wool type: Bluefaced Leicester wool sourced from farms in and around the Howgill fells;
- Made in: Leicestershire, the historic heartland of England’s sock industry;
- Recommended care: Handwash or gentle wool cycle at 30C. Do NOT tumble dry. If you put them in a tumble dryer they will shrink and go hard…..so don’t do it!! Re-shape whilst damp.
- Thank you to Susannah Harpham Photography for the ‘legs’!