Our Cumbrian Tweed yarn is created from a blend of Bluefaced Leicester and Hebridean fleeces. This yarn has a depth of colour usually only managed by dyeing ‘in-the-fleece’ before spinning. By mixing the fine lustrous softness of BFL with the more hard-wearing mountain wool of Hebridean sheep we have produced a wonderful yarn with both strength and flexibility, eminently suitable for weaving clothing fabrics as well as fine woollen throws. Shade cards are available separately.
We have chosen a range of eight beautiful colours for our Cumbrian Tweed yarns, all inspired by the fells and dales of Cumbria and Yorkshire. In its natural un-dyed state this yarn is a gorgeous silver grey. The tweedy look of the yarn as well as the quality of the yarn itself is perfect for weaving tweeds and warm lofty blankets.
- 80% Bluefaced Leicester, 20% Hebridean
- fleece sourced from farms in the Yorkshire Dales and Cumbria
- spun in West Yorkshire, dyed in the Scottish Borders
- twist: z
- count: 1/14 ysw (approx. 7200m/kg)
- Yarn is sold in increments of 100g, usually wound as hanks/skeins unless small cones are available. If you are interested in purchasing smaller or larger amounts please contact me directly.