Our Cumbrian Tweed yarn is created from a blend of Bluefaced Leicester and Hebridean fleeces. This yarn has a depth of colour usually only managed by dyeing ‘in-the-fleece’ before spinning. By mixing the fine lustrous softness of BFL with the more hard-wearing mountain wool of Hebridean sheep we have produced a wonderful yarn with both strength and flexibility, eminently suitable for weaving clothing fabrics as well as fine woollen throws. Shade cards are available separately.
We have chosen a range of eight beautiful colours for our Cumbrian Tweed yarns, all inspired by the fells and dales of Cumbria and Yorkshire. In its natural un-dyed state this yarn is a gorgeous silver grey. The tweedy look of the yarn as well as the quality of the yarn itself is perfect for weaving tweeds and warm lofty blankets.
- 80% Bluefaced Leicester, 20% Hebridean
- fleece sourced from farms in the Yorkshire Dales and Cumbria
- spun in West Yorkshire, dyed in the Scottish Borders
- twist: z
- count: 1/14 ysw (approx. 7200m/kg)
- If you are interested in purchasing more than 2kg in total please contact me directly for a discounted price.
NOTE: Additional colours are included on the shade card. Availability of all colours is now very low (Feb ’21). These yarns will be dyed again in 2021 but if you need a colour match now is the time to add to your stash.