Our Cumbrian Summer Blanket is a real delight with its striking geometric design and double-faced colouring. You can use it as an extra ‘sheet’ in Winter or as a lightweight layer on cool summer nights. In the north of England we often need a blanket year-round, even during a Cumbrian summer! This one will brighten up your day in every season.
These lovely blankets have proved to be an enduring favourite with our customers. They are woven from a mix of our Hebridean and Bluefaced Leicester wools which together create a soft but hard-wearing fabric.
The latest batch is a substantial size. At 160cm x 260cm plus a short fringe (63″ x 100″) they will easily cover a king-sized bed or a large sofa.
Once again, we have a wonderful range of colours all set against a natural grey, including:
- Great Burnet – deep rich red
- Beech — rich orange/brown
- Madder — bright red/orange
- Grass — bright fresh green
- Slate — soft greenish blue
- River — rich blue
- Ocean — silvery northern blue
- Lichen — pale sophisticated yellow
- Goldenrod — bright yellow
- Thistle — soft calming purple
- Sandstone — soft pink
Good to know:
- Average size: 160cm x 260cm plus purled short fringe (63″ x 100″)
- 100% wool sourced directly from farms in Cumbria & the Yorkshire Dales and spun in West Yorkshire
- The wool was dyed and woven in Langholm and finished in Galashiels
- Recommended care: gentle handwash in lukewarm water with eco-friendly soap. Wrap in a towel to dry then hang over a rail. A warm iron will remove any creases. Can be machine washed at 30C in a gentle wool cycle then hung to dry.