Our Cumbrian Summer Blanket is a real delight with its striking geometric design and double-faced colouring. You can use it as an extra ‘sheet’ in Winter or as a lightweight layer on cool summer nights. In the north of England we often need a blanket year-round — this one will brighten up your day in every season.
This lovely blanket has proved to be an enduring favourite. It is woven from a mix of Hebridean and Bluefaced Leicester wools which together create a soft but hard-wearing fabric. I have produced another batch to meet demand and they’re already heading out the door!
Our newest batch is a substantial size. At 160cm x 240cm plus a short fringe (63″ x 95″) they will easily cover a queen-sized bed or a large sofa.
Available in a range of ten fabulous colours set against a beautiful warm natural grey:
- Bracken – a deep and comforting red (sold out)
- Rust — a rich dark orange
- Moss — a soft grey/green
- Grass — a bright fresh green
- Sky — a bright teal-blue (sold out)
- Ocean — a silvery northern blue (sold out)
- Lichen — a pale sophisticated yellow
- Goldenrod — a bright rich yellow
- Damson — a dark calm purple
Good to know:
- average size: 160cm x 240cm plus purled short fringe
- 100% wool sourced directly from farms in Cumbria & the Yorkshire Dales and spun in West Yorkshire
- The wool is dyed, woven and the cloth finished at small mills in the Scottish Borders
- recommended care: gentle handwash in lukewarm water with eco-friendly soap. Wrap in a towel to dry then hang over a rail. A warm iron will remove any creases. Can be machine washed at 30C in a gentle wool cycle then hung to dry.