Our Cumbrian Summer Blanket is a real delight with its striking geometric design and double-faced colouring. You can use it as an extra ‘sheet’ in Winter or as a lightweight layer on cool summer nights. In the north of England we often need a blanket year-round — this one will brighten up your day in every season.
We have a selection of fantastic colours all inspired by the hues of a cumbrian summer:
- soft Sandstone pink
- bright Sky blue
- deep almost black Charcoal
- warm Rust orange
- cool Ocean blue
- rich Damson purple
- sophisticated Moss green
- warm Bracken red
- deep Goldenrod yellow
- soft Lichen yellow
The yarn used to weave these blankets is our own 100% British wool blend. We mix Bluefaced Leicester and Hebridean wools then overdye it to create a wonderfully textured yarn in a range of beautifully muted colours. I call this yarn Cumbrian Tweed. When woven, the result is a soft yet hard-wearing blanket which is easy to wash and, given the right care, will last for years.
- approx size: 160cm x 220cm plus purled short fringe
- 100% wool sourced from Cumbria & the Yorkshire Dales (Charcoal also contains Shetland wool)
- Charcoal is a longer and heavier blanket than the other colours
- recommended care: gentle handwash in lukewarm water with eco-friendly soap. Wrap in a towel to dry then hang over a rail. A warm iron will remove any creases. Can be machine washed at 30C in a gentle wool cycle then hung to dry.