This lovely blanket brings the subdued yet rich colours of autumn into your home. Although it is essentially a variation on my Cumbrian Summer Blanket I think it deserves its own name. The Autumn Blanket has the same striking geometric design and double-faced colouring as the Summer Blanket, but the base wool is the soft grey-brown ‘Morar’ from my Hebridean/Shetland yarn collection. The rich tones of the Bluefaced Leicester weft have been achieved by dyeing the yarn twice to reach a greater depth of colour.
This is a buttery soft but substantial blanket. It’s a little heavier than the Summer Blanket and at 150cm x 270cm the Autumn Blanket is more than large enough to throw across a king-sized bed. Drape one over your couch, add an extra layer on a cold night, or simply snuggle under this very warm and comforting blanket while you gaze at the myriad stars to be seen in a Cumbrian dark sky.
There are just ten blankets available in the following colours:
- Berry — a deep red sold out
- Beech — a rich dark orange
- Pine — a sophisticated dark green sold out
- River — a sky-reflected blue sold out
Good to know:
- average size: 150cm x 270cm plus purled short fringe
- 100% wool sourced directly from farms in Cumbria & the Yorkshire Dales and spun in West Yorkshire
- This blanket was woven in Langholm, the wool was spun in Huddersfield and dyed in Langholm, the blankets were finished in Galashiels
- recommended care: gentle handwash in lukewarm water with eco-friendly soap. Wrap in a towel to dry then hang over a rail. A warm iron will remove any creases. Can be machine washed at 30C in a gentle wool cycle then hung to dry.