Our beautiful Log Cabin blanket combines a classic weave design with rarely available locally-sourced Bluefaced Leicester lambswool. It is a heavier weight than our other blankets but very soft, lofty, and a generous size. Guaranteed to keep you warm!
This blanket is a reprise of one I wove a few years ago and, as with that one, has been woven on a traditional Dobcross loom at Farfield Mill in Sedbergh. Once the workhorse of the industrial revolution, these looms are rarely seen these days. Farfield’s Dobcross has been in almost continuous service since 1936 and the Mill is lucky enough to have a Master Weaver who understands its complexities. A unique feature of cloth woven on a Dobcross is the neat ‘woven edge’ — a selvedge that has no need to be cut, over-sewn, or folded.
There are two designs to choose from:
- Classic Log Cabin
- Striped Log Cabin variation
- 100% British wool spun in Huddersfield
- Bluefaced Leicester (BFL) and BFL Lambswool sourced directly from farms in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Approximate measurements: 156cm x 200cm + short purled fringe
- Woven on a heritage loom at Farfield Mill
- Recommended care: cool hand wash or dry clean. Do not tumble dry. Use a warm iron to remove creases. Can be machine washed at 30C on a gentle wool cycle with an eco-friendly soap.