This striking 100% Shetland wool blanket is a study in contrasts. A fully reversible blanket, you can choose from Charcoal or Earth, complemented by a soft white on the reverse. The design is a diamond twill with the overall effect being a patchwork of small squares.
The inspiration for this blanket comes from the stark black and white landscape of Cautley Spout in winter. Cautley is one of my favourite places for wandering at all times of the year, but it was while mooching about last winter through the snow-covered valley that leads to the famous waterfall that I was struck by the juxtaposition of rock and ice and the frost-rimed winter sedges. There were icicles dripping from the grass into the stream. It was a cold day and it felt good to get back home to a hot cup of tea and a fire in the grate.
This is a much heavier blanket than I usually produce, with a tighter weave. At approximately 165cm x 240cm it is also a very generous size. Wrap yourself up in this blanket and you probably won’t need a fire in the grate. It’s thick enough to keep you warm right through a snowstorm!
Good to know:
- Limited edition: just 8 of each available
- Fibre: 100% Real Shetland wool
- Wool spun in West Yorkshire and Scotland
- Blankets woven in Scotland
- approx. size: 165cm x 240cm plus fringe
- Recommended care: wash gently in lukewarm water with an eco-friendly soap, rinse, dry flat or over a towel. This blanket can also be washed in a gentle machine wool cycle at no more than 30C. Do not tumble dry. A warm iron will remove any creases.