We’ve added a splash of colour to our Salted Wool Socks to bring you six delightful new choices for 2022!
- Berry (red)
- Rust (orange)
- Goldenrod (yellow)
- Grass (green)
- Kingfisher (blue)
- Plum (purple)
These comfortable socks have calf-length ribbed legs and cushioned soles. The legs are not too tight and the cuffs can be turned down if you want them even shorter. The toes have a comfortable seam. They are intended to be walking/hiking socks and you might find, as I do with my size 5 feet, that they are best worn over a thin pair of cotton socks. But inside your boots or just inside the house they will definitely keep your feet warm.
We have two adult sizes available:
- Small (average 5-7 / 36-41)
- Medium (average 8-10 / 42-45)
Recommended care: Our socks are not pre-shrunk so they will benefit from an initial wash at 40C in a short cycle. Subsequent washes should be at 30C in a wool cycle, or handwash in lukewarm water with a small amount of gentle soap. To dry, hang them over a towel and re-shape whilst damp. Do NOT tumble dry.
Good to know:
- Fibre content is 80% wool plus 20% nylon for stretch, structure and stability
- Wool content is 100% British wool sourced directly from farms in the Yorkshire Dales and Cumbria
- The yarn is spun in West Yorkshire at a mill operated by the same family since 1960
- The socks are knitted in Leicestershire at a sock knitting factory run by the same family since 1895