Our Bluefaced Leicester worsted-spun yarns have been spun for us by the Natural Fibre Company in Cornwall, but they are 100% Yorkshire in their origin. We offer two worsted singles in brown and cream, plus a two-fold yarn in a deep grey-brown. Shade cards can be ordered separately.
These are superior yarns which can be woven into delectably soft and silky fabrics. Threaded as singles you can create gossamer fine shawls; threaded double they produce beautifully balanced blankets and heavier weight scarves. Yarn is sold in increments of 100g, usually wound as hanks/skeins unless small cones are available. If you are interested in purchasing smaller or larger amounts please contact me directly.
The yarns are undyed and showcase the gorgeous natural colours of the fleece:
- 100% Bluefaced Leicester sourced from a farm near Kirkby Stephen where the sheep are raised organically
- twist: Z
- count: 1/14 ysw (approx. 7200m/kg)
- approx. 80% Wensleydale, 20% black Bluefaced Leicester sourced from Hill Top Farm in Malham, at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Here the sheep are farmed by fourth generation farmer Neil Heseltine on a traditional hill farm set in 1100 acres of Malham’s iconic limestone landscape.
- twist: Z
- count: 1/14 ysw worsted (approx. 7200m/kg)
- a blend of black BFL, organic white BFL and black Wensleydale
- twist: S
- count: 2/28 ysw worsted (approx. 7200m/kg)