Our Bluefaced Leicester worsted-spun yarns have been spun for us by the Natural Fibre Company in Cornwall, but they are 100% Yorkshire in their origin. We offer two worsted singles in brown and cream, plus a two-fold yarn in a deep grey-brown. Shade cards can be ordered separately.
These are superior yarns which can be woven into delectably soft and silky fabrics. Threaded as singles you can create gossamer fine shawls; threaded double they produce beautifully balanced blankets and heavier weight scarves.
The yarns are undyed and showcase the gorgeous natural colours of the fleece:
- 100% Bluefaced Leicester sourced from a farm near Kirkby Stephen where the sheep are raised organically
- twist: Z
- count: 1/14 ysw (approx. 7200m/kg)
- approx. 80% Wensleydale, 20% black Bluefaced Leicester sourced from Hill Top Farm in Malham, at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Here the sheep are farmed by fourth generation farmer Neil Heseltine on a traditional hill farm set in 1100 acres of Malham’s iconic limestone landscape.
- twist: Z
- count: 1/14 ysw worsted (approx. 7200m/kg)
- a blend of black BFL, organic white BFL and black Wensleydale
- twist: S
- count: 2/28 ysw worsted (approx. 7200m/kg)
Please Note: All yarns are wound on cone. Three weights are offered but if you are interested in purchasing more than 2kg in total please contact me directly for a discounted price.